On discovering a beloved poem lost for more than 30 years, Michelle has been thinking again about the concept of simplicity. In this episode, Michelle shares the poem by William Carlos Williams and what follows is a conversation with Jennifer around simplicity in art and life that covers music triads, colour palette triads, do-ability and the zen spiritual practice known as hitsuzendo.
LINKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED:
- Poem by William Carlos Williams – ‘This is Just to Say’
- The Imagist Movement of poetry
- Hitsuzendo, the way of the zen brush and enso circles
- Philip Guston (1913-1980), Canadian-American painter and muralist
- Spirit Art School is the live online monthly art classes with Jennifer, Michelle and other art teachers.
- I Am Golden – listen to clips here and how to access the whole album.
Credits: “Goodness & Mercy” Jennifer Ruth Russell (www.jenniferruthrussell.com)